“Three Things You Need to Know About Social Media Strategy” is a Mashable article from this week, penned by B.L. Ochman – the newly appointed social media strategist and managing director of Proof Digital Media. Ochman is an established digital thought-leader, and is publisher of the blog What’s Next (Twitter: @whatsnext) and co-founder of pet site Pawfun.
In her article, Ochman cites the following critical points for successful social media strategies (check out the article for details and explanations):
- Everyone must work together.
- Top management must be on board.
- Don’t expect overnight success.
New to social media campaigns? Ochman also provides recommendations on where to start, whether it’s for your client or your own company:
- Turn the company newsletter into an internal blog and give all employees the ability to contribute.
- Establish a social media policy for employee participation in social media on company time and beyond.
- Let employees vote on the best ideas suggested by other employees.
- Resolve to respond to customer service issues within three hours, via social media.
Ochman’s article is a worthwhile read, and we welcome her to the Burson-Marsteller family!